How To Make A MCPI Desktop Shortcut
Having to open up Terminal and typing in commands, just to run MCPI can become a pain. That is why I have found a simple and quick solution to the problem! Follow this guide and you’ll have MCPI open with a quick double click!
- First, save this image to your computer and copy it to your Pi and into your mcpi folder.
- Next, on your Pi, right-click on your desktop and go to ‘Create New…‘ and then ‘Blank File‘. Name the file ‘mcpi.desktop‘
- Right-click on the new .desktop file and open the file with ‘LeafPad‘.
- Once in ‘LeafPad‘ copy the code from this link into the file.
- Make sure your read the note in the code.
- Now, save your .desktop file and close ‘LeafPad‘.
- Go back to your desktop and you will see your a file called ‘Minecraft: Pi Edition‘. Double click on that and the game will appear!
If this helped, please leave a like! It’s free! If you are having any problems feel free to leave a comment!